How to Save Cost When Hiring Laundry Services
If you can’t do your laundry, leave your dirty clothes at a laundry shop. However, if you think you’re spending too much for laundry services, it’s time to think of ways to cut back that expenditure.
1. Check out how many dirty clothes you come up with each week. The number of dirty clothes you produce shall determine whether it’s right to pay for a laundry service or just do the laundering at home. Small households generally have manageable amount of laundry.
2. Wash your clothes. Well, the best way to reduce cost of laundering is to wash your clothes yourself. If you have a laundry machine at home, that should make laundering virtually cost-free.
3. Break laundering schedule to twice or thrice a week. You can make the job easier by laundering small piles of clothes every three days. Many people simply wait for the laundry basket to get fully filled up. Too much pile of dirty clothes can be terrible.
4. Invest in a laundry machine. Such a machine comes really handy for homeowners, especially those with families. Most homeowners now have one in their homes because it can really save time and energy. If you have a laundry machine, you won’t have to rely much on laundry services offered by a shop downtown.
5. Look for laundry shops nearby. You can save cost of gas if you choose to drive to a nearby laundry shop, but make sure they offer fine laundering service. Ask customers if they are satisfied with their services.
6. You can also save cost if the laundry service shop offers delivery service. So find out if deliver washed clothes to the homes of their customers. Some laundry service company charge extra fees for pick-up and delivery, and many customers are willing to pay the extra charge for convenience.
7. Don’t rely too much on laundry shops. If you have extra time during weekends, launder some of your clothes. Then you can send draperies and bed sheets, which are difficult to launder at home, to the laundry shop.
8. Don’t go for laundry and ironing service package. That’s going to cost you more. You can do the ironing at home, and simply pay for the laundry service. Tell the cleaning company that you only need your clothes to be laundered. This can help if you are on tough budget.
9. Compare prices. Cost of laundry services can vary among different shops or companies in your city. But before you choose the cheapest services, find out if the company is reliable by asking their customers, as mentioned earlier. You can try out their services to find out yourself.